- Be present 15 minutes before your scheduled sedation/surgery time.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING, OTHER THAN INDICATED MEDICINES WITH THE SMALLEST AMOUNT OF WATER POSSIBLE, FOR 6-8 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR ANESTHETIC. YOU MAY, HOWEVER, HAVE A SMALL AMOUNT OF WATER OR APPLE JUICE 4-6 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. YOU SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER THAT TIME. DO NOT HAVE A LARGE MEAL OR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AFTER 9:00 P.M. THE EVENING BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT. YOU SHOULD TAKE YOUR NORMAL MEDICINES.
- Do not wear contact lenses, cosmetics, especially fingernail polish or eye makeup.
- Restroom facilities will be available before your appointment.
- Wear old, loose fitting clothing with short sleeves.
- (Women Only) If there is a significant chance that you are pregnant, inform your doctor immediately.
- YOU MUST BRING WITH YOU A RESPONSIBLE ADULT WHO CAN DRIVE YOU HOME. Both you and your companion must be present before surgery is started. He/she is to be available for you once surgery has ended.
- YOU MUST NOT DRIVE, OPERATE HAZARDOUS MACHINERY, MAKE IMPORTANT DECISIONS OR WORK FOR APPROXIMATELY 24 HOURS AFTER YOUR SEDATION. ARRANGEMENTS SHOULD BE MADE TO HAVE SOMEONE HELP CARE FOR YOU AT HOME.
- These instructions are designed for your comfort and protection. A failure to follow any of these instructions may require us to cancel your appointment for that day. Should any other circumstance develop that would require the postponement of your surgery, such as an illness (cold or flu), please notify your periodontal surgeon as early as possible.